Thursday 4 August 2011

Mile-055-Three Men and a Boat (to say nothing of the dog)

In 1889, Jerome K. Jerome published his famous book about life on the Thames, Three Men in a Boat (to say nothing of the dog).

It was part travelogue, part novel.

122 years later three running friends ran along the same part of the river having a good chat and enjoying some adventures along the way.

We saw plenty of boat action, including a homemade raft race, a more professional wooden Sciff race and had an interesting encounter with a dog.

The run took us from Richmond to Hampton Court Palace and back a distance of around 18 miles, and with a few breaks thrown in we ran exactly a half marathon of it

So, let me introduce my friends .. On my left in the above picture is Colin Clews (@Clewsy) one of the hosts of the fabulous Velo Club Don Logan cycling podcast  (http://www.veloclubdonlogan.co.uk/). On my right is Paul Abrelat (@Pabrelat) from the Run Yank Run podcast . http://www.runyankrun.blogspot.com/

Join me running in Ibiza as I introduce this episode. Music this week snippets of original classics from the Trojan record label - "Kingston Town" by Lord Creator, Desmond Dekker's "007" and "Feel the Riddem" by Clancy Eccles, something very cool for the hot days of Summer.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time! I did get out for a virtual run together and it was a beautiful day... but I missed your company. I've been looking for the podcast on itunes. You'll upload it soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni
    Excellent .. we felt your presence!
    Podcast is loaded but Itunes may not have "replicated" it yet. I downloaded it myself off itunes yesterday. If you cant see it yet you can go into your podcast section in Itunes, cluck on mine and select "update podcast" - this draws the latest podcast even if itunes has not grabbed it automatically yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the podcast as always Steve, very well done! It was pleasure running with you again. Perhaps again at the WWFOR?

    ReplyDelete